Saturday, September 26, 2009

#257: Wrong Way


So I'm thinkin' .....

Water: It's not supposed to fill the sink from the drain ... right ... ???

(The following is an altered, heretofore conversation)

You have a house, right?

Or an apartment?

Does it have a kitchen?

It does?

Terrific. 'Cause that's where I need a little help .....

In the kitchen ... there's a sink, correct?

There's one in your kitchen?

Huh?

No ... no ... I'll wait ... go ahead ...... check ........

What? It does? Your kitchen has a sink ... yes? Outstanding .....

Now .....

The sink: It's got a drain ... am I right about this?

I'm thinkin' yep, it does ....

Now ... here's where the tricky part comes, so follow me: When you turn on the faucet ... the water that comes out the faucet and into the sink ....

.... that water ....

..... it's supposed to exit
into and out the drain, right? Not up into the sink from the drain ... correct? Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller? ....... Bueller?


.......................... Ruprecht ( STOP )
#257 of 365


4 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

There are 3 things I'd worry about if the water was rising in my sink and not necessarily in this order....

1. Do you hear Gabriel's trumpet?

2. Are there "TIB"s

3. Has the MIL been in the building?

And, for those needing to know... "TIB" = "Turd's In Basement"

Good Luck Rupe! You are gonna need it!!

bronsont said...

Son-in-law is a plumbing contractor, if only the Rupe lived in Fort Myers I would have had this fixed before the Rupe could finish his blog.

Sorry Rupe but travel costs to California might be a little pricey :(

On a limb with Claudia said...

I've said all I can say on this topic.

TopSurf said...

Yikes! I hope by the time I'm reading this the problem has been resolved.